Ability levelling order
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Offensive item options
Defensive item options
Situational item options
1. This build effectively makes The Flash more of a glass cannon than he is to begin with. While you do have some artifacts that give you mild HP boosts, you will be largely unable to survive more than a few hits. You have one purpose: deal the most damage you can, as quickly as possible, then regroup.
2. The Flash is best utilized in a 2vs1 scenario. Swoop in for the kill or chase down somebody on their last slivers of life. Be careful not to chase too far or too long, as you will likely run headfirst into enemy backup.
3. There is absolutely no shame in running away from a fight. You are The Flash, after all. If you are outgunned, do not try to stick around and fight. You will most likely lose. A great strategy sometimes involves retreating to jungle-hidden backup, then teaming up to take down someone that has been chasing you.
4. This build is very expensive. If possible, use Flash Attack to take out multiple enemy drones/creeps at once. Just be weary of incoming enemy heroes.
5. This build relies heavily on your use of skills. Timing is very important, so keep an eye on your cooldowns in order to maximize your damage.
6. Just because you are an Assassin class, you do not have to get every kill. Getting assists is just as valuable to your team as getting kills.
7. Increased movement speed and skills make The Flash great for harassing enemy champions.
Your main purpose, as previously stated, is to kill enemy heroes and drones/creeps as quickly as possible. In order to do this, you are going to need to keep yourself out of trouble.
If enemy heroes are chasing you toward your nearest tower/control point, a great tactic is to lull them into a false sense of security. Let them chase you, then Flash Attack backwards, cutting through them, and start your Speed Storm just behind them. This will force them into either engaging your tower, an ally hero, or walking headfirst into your Speed Storm.
There are certain match-ups that the Flash will have trouble with. I advise that you learn these match-ups so that you know which enemies you can typically engage safely, and which ones you are going to need to be extra cautious with.
In my experience, these are the favorable matchups; the ones that I usually will not have much trouble with, and any tips I can provide.
Typically, not a very difficult matchup if you engage him 1on1. Try to get to him before he has taken out any creeps, as he has passives that stack and give increased attack speed.
Very tanky. Consider that most Doomsdays are built for sheer HP and attack armor, though. Engage at half health or lower, if you can. Should be able to outrun them easily even if they activate his buffs. Easy to catch inside of a Speed Storm, as Doomsday has very limited escape options.
Be very weary of her AOE skills and her Root Strike skill (it will knock you down briefly). Also, note that she is great at recovering her own HP, so try not to over-reach.
The matchups that tend to go either way for me are:
Really depends on the build, and how intelligently her ultimate and lasso skills are used. Often, I will avoid this match-up unless someone is en-route to help.
Superman is usually not too big of a threat, but can easily catch you while running away and low on HP.
(29/03/14) -- Revised order of skills, re-defined the artifacts required in order for build to be successful.
(20/03/14) -- Main guide made. Needs better formatting + more tips for playing Flash. Pending youtube videos + item loadouts + match-up help.
A Flash build without Blue Scarab in the core? It's not even in the situtational section. Do you have a reason for this? Or are you unaware of the item's great synergy with The Flash? Because this build totally limits his potential.
10:16 pm, Mar 21st, 2014
One thing I must ask is if you have anything positive to say about anything? Even IC_Axslav (one of the best flashes there is, and an IC employee), says Blue Scarab is meant best if you're "dueling". If you want to run in and out of fights super fast it's an item that's on the backburner.12:23 am, Mar 22nd, 2014
Hey! Thanks for the feedback. This was the 3rd build that I made for the Flash, and the 1st guide that I have written for him. SADLY, due to the limitations of the Dawnbase's Guide system, I can't edit the guide now! I foolishly did not read that the guides can't have multiple lines of bold or italic text at the beginning, else they become locked/broken completely. My newest build goes a little something like this: Logoz Doctor Destiny's Dreamstone Blue Beetle Psi-Scimitar Starheart Eclipso's Diamond. I'll be making a new guide soon! Sorry about this one!3:43 pm, Mar 28th, 2014
Oh dang! After tweeting at the guys who run Dawnbase, they actually fixed my guide so that I can edit it. Time to fix it! :D10:49 am, Mar 29th, 2014